Monday, March 30, 2009

Homemade Gourmet Pizza



Pizza on Foodista


I appreciate my family so much- my husband and children, they've been so patient with Mum studying and all so one Saturday afternoon I decided to give them a treat, and I thought I'd do what I do best and that is to cook something for them. Something easy, yummy, cheap but still 'nice' you know? so I thought how about Pizza? not the store bought one but I'll make one me'self :) So, I did & the smell of pizza wafting into the air would really make your mouth water plus you'll be amazed at how much I spent- $35 ! (oops, minus the chicken btw) I was able to make 10 pizza's...hmm, wicked eh?


INGREDIENTS:
2 packets of garlic Panini (contains 5 pcs. each) - I initially used Tortilla as base but the 2nd time I made it, I used Panini and I found out that Panini is a much nicer base.

3 boneless chicken breasts w/c I cooked in butter & white wine then seared on both sides, slice or cubed, however you like it really...

500 gms. Italian salami

1 packet of Feta cheese

1 packet of cherry tomatoes (slice each one in half)

ready made pizza sauce 500 gms.

tomato paste

crushed garlic

Fresh basil leaves (I buy the potted plant, w/c they sell at supermarkets

sliced button mushrooms
Avocado oil (you may use olive if you want to)

1 pottle of rocket pesto or basil pesto will do also




HOW TO:

*Heat oven to 200 deg.

1.) On a cookie sheet or a pizza stone plate if you have one, place your panini and drizzle with the Avocado oil and a tsp. or less of crushed garlic.
2.) Put a tbsp. of pesto and spread it all over, followed by tomato paste then the pizza sauce.
3.) Add your chicken, salami, & cherry tomatoes.
4.) Crumble generously with Feta and tear about 3-4 Basil leaves- sprinkle it all over.
5.) Again drizzle with Avo/olive oil and pop into your well heated oven.

Take it out when the panini has warmed through and the feta has semi-melted. The base itself is not crispy because after all it is Panini bread but I like it that way...you could try whatever pizza bread you want to anyway. Hmm, yummey !!!
I did take some pics whilst making them (for this blog!) ha,ha,ha...
Mind you, that was 10 pizzas. I got plenty of hugs & kisses afterwards :)
cook's note: go easy on the Basil because it is a bit strong but be generous with the Avocado or olive oil, it is healthy anyway.

1 comment:

Alisa@Foodista said...

Nothing beats homemade pizza!Hope you wont mind,I'd love to guide our readers to your site, just add this foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!