Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Journey of a Banana-Nut Muffin :)




Hi folks! it's a lazy afternoon and I thought I'd do some baking. Looked into my fridge & there's some bananas waiting to be eaten, looked at my pantry and I have a packet of walnuts + white chocolate- Hmmm, I say....it's gonna be a muffin afternoon!  


*This is pretty easy- actually a 1,2,3 step baking process, so give it a try :)





INGREDIENTS:

2  1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp.baking soda
1 cup of over ripe mashed bananas
chunks of dark, milk or white chocolate
a cup of roasted walnuts or any nut you prefer
1/2 cup melted butter
vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
pinch of salt
Nutella


HOW TO:

1. In a big bowl sift all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center and add the rest of the ingredients.

2. Stir in chocolate chunks. Mix by hand but leave it a little lumpy. Prepare muffin tray with liners, make sure oven is always pre-heated prior to baking, turn up to 180 degrees.

3. Spoon into muffin liners and bake until done and personally I like it when it's slightly browned on top. Cool completely then add a small dollop of nutella on top. Enjoy!



All sorrows are less with bread- Miguel De Cervantes






No comments: