Monday, July 19, 2010

Tastiest Marinade Recipes Everrr!!! trust me :)



Okay, now that readers kind of nudge me a bit to post regularly- I'll try! :) so sorry - my life just gets busier by the day now that I am near the end of my degree (finishing in 4 mos.time, yay!) anyway here are some recipes for BBQ, steak or any meat marinade- the reason why I decided to post this as oppose to meals because first- I am a big fan of yummy BBQ and steaks, second I don't like bland tasting meat- I mean who does really eh? unfortunately, salt & pepper just don't do it for me...and because I have some awesome marinade recipes I thought I'd post it here.
 Filipinos do have a thing for tasty food & I am by heart, despite my love for international cuisine and flavours- simply go back for that special blend of spices and seasonings (minus the MSG, LOL) that is ingrained in our own cuisine.
Please, please try it out :) grill over charcoal, a proper bbq grill or in the oven- works just fine! remember the secret lies in the marinade (wink!)...



Marinade No.1:
1/2 c medium or dark soy sauce
salt 1 tsp. (depends on how much meat you have, better to add less though)
1-1 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon or Sprite alternatively (1/2 c)
3-4 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp. worcestershire
1/4 c brown sugar
black ground pepper
choice of meat (great for meat pieces, ribs or chops-chicken, pork or beef for kebab)
*Great with a side salad of mash, or steamed rice and salad


Marinade No.2: Oriental flavour
Cut chicken pcs.
sweet soya sauce or honey soy
pepper
minced garlic
tbsp. sesame oil
crushed anise (1/2 tsp.)
salt
*Great with chinese fried rice or Java rice


Marinade No.3:
pineapple juice 3/4 c
chicken or pork pcs. or cuts
dark soy sauce 1/2 c
chopped garlic 5-7 cloves
pepper
2 tbsp. brown sugar
salt


Marinade No.4: 
cider vinegar 1/4 c
meat pcs.
garlic cloves. crushed 7-8 cloves
light soy 1/2 c
salt & pepper


Cook's tips:
Okay, now I know they all sound way too simplistic but the proof is in the pudding, err- in this case the meat, so try them next time you think of BBQ, kebabs and the like. Here are some really good tips:
1. Marinate meat overnight for best results. This allow the flavours to infuse well and will help tenderize the meat too. Otherwise an hour will do.
2. Soak wooden skewers in water to prevent them from burning when you grill.
3. For big, thick pieces of meat- it is best to score meat and rub in the spices well.
4. If using a BBQ grill, make sure it is well heated before putting your meat over.
5. Some people prefer adding a bit of oil in the marinade to help the cooking process- if you want to add it in do it just before cooking- at least 1/4 cup of olive oil or any cholesterol free cooking oil.


Photobucket

No comments: